Tom's 1973 Phaeton
Car u004

Thanks to Tom for sending us these pics.
scroll down for pics of his TOP FRAME mixed with
other pics of his interior and engine.

Tom's car has no VIN tag, so the Annex has assigned it number u004
to distinguish it from other unknown VIN cars.

Sale info, supplied 5/2017
Windsor crate engine, and rebuilt c4 trans. New big white walls. Car was used as hotrod. 

Tom originally wrote about his car several years ago:

It didn't have a top when I bought it so I had to make a top and being I was going for a Hotrod I didn't care for the original Phaeton Tops rounding at the back so I improvised.

I have buckets out of a Sunbird in it and made a dash out of Cherry because there was only a tach on a fiberglass board.

 I rewired with an EZ wiring kit and put a dual exhaust system with aluminized pipe and turbo mufflers. I put a Edlebrock Performer and 650 Holley street avenger.

It had old mags on it so I changed to American Smoothies with moons. I took the air off it and had to replace the radiator with a new Mustang 3 core that fit perfect.

I want to change the brakes to Power disc but I'm not sure what I have now. I also will be changing the rear shocks in the next month before the summer. The car was originally red but the fellow I bought it off of painted it black

Click here for more about  the top on Tom's car

Scroll down to see Tom's second dash and new steering wheel.

In January, 2006 Tom wrote:

The only updates are a new 351W crate motor,  new interior, new gas tank,  and new steering column.

I like the fact that he used the word "only" to describe his recent updates.     the Annexmaster.

In March, 2008, Tom sent the following update and pictures

Last time I wrote I was starting 351W crate motor swap.

Health problems held me up a little. I got my new 351W crate motor in, had c4 Transmission Rebuilt to handle it.

 Made a new dash board. Put all new Stewart gauges in it.

 Rewired with Painless 12 circuits

New set of bucket seats from Sunbird for now.

Modified new Jeep gas tank and filler at local shop.

Installed 4 Core Mustang radiator. Moved bottom outlet to drivers side to match 351W water pump.

It needed Electric Fan to cool.

I also Used MSD distributor to switch over electronic ignition easier.

Installed polished steering column with bearing and new steering wheel and signnal swith from Tractor Trailer parts store.

I added Trunk I found and next need to re-paint.

Best of all Its back on the road after 2 years fooling around.


Click here for another page with some exterior views of Tom's car